"New Life" is just about completed! Here are a few pics to show her in the process of being finished. The top picture shows her with skin and dress complete, and with a pale brown wash over her hair. In the second pic you can see her hair halfway through completion. In the last pic is me adding strands to the hair. This can be a very time consuming process. I add each strand on a piece at a time in layers. I can sometimes go over the hair up to 5 times with different strengths and hues of paint. This is why I love watercolors so much; I just don't have this control with acrylics. After I finish adding strands, I'll go back and add shadows where they're needed. Later today I'll post the completed piece!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Work in Progress - September 19th
"New Life" is just about completed! Here are a few pics to show her in the process of being finished. The top picture shows her with skin and dress complete, and with a pale brown wash over her hair. In the second pic you can see her hair halfway through completion. In the last pic is me adding strands to the hair. This can be a very time consuming process. I add each strand on a piece at a time in layers. I can sometimes go over the hair up to 5 times with different strengths and hues of paint. This is why I love watercolors so much; I just don't have this control with acrylics. After I finish adding strands, I'll go back and add shadows where they're needed. Later today I'll post the completed piece!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
love her!
Wow!! I love seeing a work in progress, it came out beautiful!
Post a Comment