My emotions have been on a real low lately. So I thought today's post would be about a wonderful and yummy memory for me. A year ago when we went to New Orleans we stopped off at the Cafe Du Monde early in the morning. Here's my yummy and still warm plate of beignets right before I dove into them, right next to hubby's incredible smelling chickory coffee all sweetened up and smoothed with milk. If I close my eyes I can still smell it all, and taste the wonderfully warm fried dough, and feel the powdered sugar tickle my nose, and hear the sounds and music of the street, and feel my little one give me a powdery kiss on the cheek from pure joy... *sigh*
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Needing a pick-me-up
My emotions have been on a real low lately. So I thought today's post would be about a wonderful and yummy memory for me. A year ago when we went to New Orleans we stopped off at the Cafe Du Monde early in the morning. Here's my yummy and still warm plate of beignets right before I dove into them, right next to hubby's incredible smelling chickory coffee all sweetened up and smoothed with milk. If I close my eyes I can still smell it all, and taste the wonderfully warm fried dough, and feel the powdered sugar tickle my nose, and hear the sounds and music of the street, and feel my little one give me a powdery kiss on the cheek from pure joy... *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a wonderful memory of a lovely morning...N'Awlins is on my long, long list of places to see...thank your for sharing a bit of it!
And thank you for your lovely comment...it was a bright spot today.
You are very welcome Crystal. And thank you so much!
I'd always wanted to go there, too. It is a gorgeous city. :)
Post a Comment