Friday, June 24, 2011

Such a Long Way to Fall!

Now is the time again, my dears, for a fantastically magical Mad Tea Party! Thank you to the lovely Miss Vanessa at 'A Fanciful Twist' for hosting such a splendid event! Please be sure to visit the 'A Fanciful Twist' blog and check out all of the other participants in this yearly fun event!
Here is the piece I created for this year's event, and such a fun time I had creating it, too!

It is entitled "Such a Long Way to Fall", and measures 9x12 on canvas board, painted with acrylics on circa 1892 music sheet. Please contact me at hoydendesigns@gmail.com if you've a wish to own her for yourself!
I wish you an amazing time visiting the many Mad Tea Parties on the web, and hope you come back soon to my own little corner of the cyber world!
Ta-ta for now, ny sweets!
Christina

17 comments:

Terri said...

Your Alice painting is magical! I love the movement you have created against the backdrop of music!
Hugs,
Terri
http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/2011/06/mad-tea-party.html

Pixie said...

Very pretty! thanks for sharing.

Georgina said...

I love that painting. In fact, I went to your Etsy shop and I love your work!!

Lisa said...

very pretty Alice! thank you for having me!
cheers
lisa

Lauren said...

Such a beautiful painting! Thank you so much for inviting me to your tea party :) ~Lauren

Carousel Dreams said...

Oh, this piece is so whimsical and fun...I love it!

Shell said...

Lovely picture of Alice.

fairiemoon said...

I love it. Such a wonderful painting!

Have a mad party!
Erin :)

http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/weathertop

Karla said...

How beautiful your Alice is! Thank you for taking the time to create such enchanted painting and sharing it!!
xo,
Karla
www.dreamaginarius.com

Robin said...

So sorry I am late
For this important date.
I'm still making my way down the list.

With too little time
I'm leaving this rhyme
For I'm adamant about wanting to persist.

All this running about
Has left me dry in the mouth.
Might I have a cup of tea?

And your Alice my dear
as she is falling through air
is truly a pleasure to see

Oh my, the time
It goes so fast
I must be on my way

But fear not friend
I shall return
Please……Have a beautiful day.

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Perfectly Alice indeeeed!!

Thank you for joining in the madness! ;)

Unknown said...

Your painting is so delicate and expressive. Those pretty little feet. Oh your work is completely delicious! I enjoyed the viewing/visit very much. Thanks! *smiles* Norma

Anonymous said...

Your paintings are lovely! I'm glad I stopped by : )
~Kim
Bonne Nuit Designs
http://faeriebootsandfoiegras.wordpress.com

Bourbonnatrix said...

how artistic! beautiful!

Cameron said...

I love how she is falling with no end in sigh...just falling....hair whipped up....body askew :)

Thanks for having me!

Alisa Noble said...

A most wonderful painting!

Susan said...

Lovely creation! please visit my party!
:)
Susan

http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/2011/06/fanciful-twists-mad-tea-party-2011.html