Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mad Tea Party - and GIVEAWAY!

Now is the time, my sweets, for a fantastically magical Mad Tea Party! Thank you to the lovely Miss Vanessa at 'A Fanciful Twist' for hosting such a splendid event!

Please be sure to scroll all the way down to see the very very mad and cunning little pendant that you can WIN by leaving me a comment on this post! And be sure to visit the 'A Fanciful Twist' blog to visit the amazing array of participants in this, the maddest of tea parties ever...!


Was little Alice dreaming, or was that a White Rabbit she saw, sporting a waistcoat and a pocketwatch! Down a rabbit hole it went...

("Ready to Follow" - 8"x10" acrylic paints with circa 1890's antique music sheet on canvas board - RESERVED)


"In another moment down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again."

("Alice Where Art Thou" - 9"x12" acrylic paints on circa 1913 antique music sheet and canvas board - RESERVED)


..."Down, down, down. Would the fall never come to an end!"..."'Well' thought Alice to herself, 'after such a fall as this, I shall think of nothing of tumbling downstairs!'"

("Falling Down the Rabbit Hole" - 5"x7" acrylic paints on canvas board - for sale here.)


With a bit of a detour at the White Rabbit's house, she's off to explore this magical Wonderland...

("A Bit Too Large" - 8"x10" acrylic paints on canvas board - for sale here.)


How strange this place is, to be sure! Perhaps a rest before seeing which side of this mushroom will make her large, and which will make her even smaller...

("Which Side to Eat" - 8"x10" acrylic paints on circa 1890's antique music paper and canvas board - for sale here.)


But what is that emerging from the garden? A large top hat, in the most alarming shade of green! She must get to the clearing to see who belongs to that ridiculous hat...

("We're All a Bit Mad" - 5"x7" acrylic paints on gallery-wrapped canvas - for sale here.)


But what should our Alice find when coming upon the clearing? A fabulously mad tea party, and with more than enough room for her!


And such a table it is! There is almost enough here to make up for the madness of the host - almost...


Such loveliness as she's never seen!


Surely chilled watermelon is just the thing on such a warm summer's day. And the scent of lavendar is enough to bring a bit of peace to such madness as this!


Such delectable treats were there! Enough to tempt even the fussiest child. Banana bread still warm from the oven, beautifully blue-sugared vanilla biscuits, and - of all things! - pink champagne truffles!


Surely there's enough tea for all! I think I'll take a nibble of those lovely tea-sandwiches, as well. And a bite of fresh fruit is just the thing to finish it off.


But would she ever find that White Rabbit?


Time to leave the tea party and continue her search! Off into the garden she scampers...

("Alice in the Garden" - 9"x12" acrylic paints on gallery-wrapped canvas - RESERVED)


...Only to find the most wonderful display of pendants! Oh! That she could own one to adorn herself, she would be the happiest creature on earth!

(hand-painted pendants on polymer clay and wood, for sale in my Etsy shop here.)


But what's this??? The Mad Hatter is feeling particularly kind today it seems, and is offering up this cunning little pendant for you, my sweet guests! Yes, leave me a comment on this post, and you could WIN this sweet hand-painted pendant!

(acrylics on wooden pendant)

You have until Saturday July 3rd at midnight EST for your chance to win! Please don't forget to visit the other amazing participants, and thank you so very very much for your lovely visit!

69 comments:

Molly Anne said...

What delightful art! And what delicious treats and delectable desserts!
I enjoyed myself ever so much!

michelleK said...

Oh hello fellow mad tea partier!

What a delicious banquet you have created and your artwork is too cute!

Now I must be off you see i'm late i'm late!

<3M

Anonymous said...

A wonderful party and the food looks amazing! Happy Mad Tea!

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Lovely! Spectacular! Such sweet paintings and pendants and I love the photo of the teapot and the watch!! Mmmmm, thanks for having me!

♥ Alice Maria-Thérèse Afiori in Wonderland ~ blog.afiori.com

Kathryn Dyche said...

What a fun post, loved all the artwork, especially the two large piece where her foot sticks out the top of the house.

Have a great weekend.

MARLOU B. said...

Lovely tea party!

Have a wonderful party day!!!

meeyeehere said...

Simply wonderful!!! I love everything about your blog!!!!Thanks for the chance!

Cabootique said...

Your work is so beautiful! I especially love the paintings on the sheet music.

carethediva[at]hotmail[dot]com

Stacy said...

I've been looking forward to seeing your Alice in Wonderland art. It's wonderful. I enjoyed your tea party very much.

Maggi said...

~*~*~*Hip hip hurray it's Tea Party Day!*~*~*~

Goodness, what a beautiful party and such gorgeous artwork!!!

Thanks for having me at your tea party! if you haven't been already, you're cordially invited to my mad tea party! Have yourself a mad sort of day! :)

Lauren said...

What a simply delightful tea party!! :) Is there one little pink champagne truffle left for me perhaps?? ;) Beautiful artwork as always too, and thank you for the chance to win that lovely pendant! :) ~Lauren

Unknown said...

Your table is divine, and I love your artwork that you created for such a lovely Mad tea. Cant wait to browse you blog. So nice to meet you.

Happy Mad Tea party.

Karen

Tiffany said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! Love your art and photography! Beautiful!

Melissa said...

Thank you for having me to your fabulous Mad Tea Party! I enjoyed your artwork very much and everything's just lovely!

Happy Tea Partying!

Baba said...

Tea was absolutely Mad! Thanks for having me

Love your work.

http://podunkianpostgazette.blogspot.com/2010/06/dreaming-of-wonderland.html

Wendelou72 said...

I love your work. Beautiful!!
Thanks for visiting my Tea Party. I hope you stop by again.
Wende

http://creativeartseatables.wordpress.com/

Natasha said...

I love your paintings and your party food looks yummy!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your art work is beautiful! I love your style. Thank you for inviting me to your enchanting tea party. I had a wonderful time. Have a great weekend! Twyla

BunnyKissd said...

Mmmm... Pink champagne truffles! They look yummy! And your pendants are so lovely!

fawndear said...

What an enchanting pendant. Loved your wonderful artwork. I had an enchanting time and your Tea Party was a true visual feast.

Thank you my Dear for sharing.

Tootles,
FawnDear

Linda said...

Hi, I'm enjoying your Tea party very much...Such wonderful art work and photos. You made the most amazing treats and tea. Thank you for having me join in. I hope that you will visit my Tea Party also.
momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

Justina said...

My oh My all of that fresh fruit looks so good ! I love the little paintings as well :-) It's so much fun to see everyone else's spin on this old tale :-) Thanks for stopping by my party as well ! I think i will take some fruit salad for the road...

-Justina
La Boheme Magique
http://labohememagique.blogspot.com/

Cosmic Goddess said...

Thanks for the invite. I really enjoyed your beautiful artwork, especially the paintings featuring the sheet music background :)

http://cosmicgoddessblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/were-all-mad-here.html

Danni said...

I adore your artwork, so beautiful. Your tea table looks delectable, I think I'll have a piece of watermelon before I continue on my revelries.

If you would like, feel free to stop by for a cuppa.

Deborah said...

What a wonderful artist you are! Delightful party.

**blows kisses** Deb

Cassie said...

Oh such a lovely tea party! Thanks for inviting us over!

Brook said...

Oh my goodness! Your artwork is delightful! Sam and I are so glad we stopped by!

Frogwarts said...

So sorry Alice had such a time with that hole but I'm sure she was as delighted as much as I was with all the de-luxious treats...expecially the fruit! Yum! Thanks so much for having us!
- Carol & friends at www.frogwartsworld.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

What a delightful mad tea party! Love all the original art work and all that food looks so delicious! Thanks for having me!

Karin said...

what a delicious party!

~karin

Victoria Sayer said...

Thanks ever so much for stopping by earlier. I so enjoyed your visit. And thanks for having me over for Mad Tea at your place. Very clever use of your wonderful artwork.
~Vicki.

Petunia said...

What a wonderfully yummy tea party and I love your art! Thank you for having me over and for stopping by and visiting my party too. Enjoy the rest of the madness!

Papillon Bleu said...

my! How wonderful your paintings are!
It is a pure delight to visit your blog.
Happy Mad Tea Party to you.

Anthropomorphica said...

What a lovely tea party and I'm coveting your teapot ;)
Beautiful work!!!
Thank you for leaving a lovely comment about my mad tea:)

Kathy said...

Oh, oh, OH!! I'd LOVE that pendant!! Your artwork is darling. Just darling! I'm glad the tea parties led me to your blog. So sweet!

Kathy

Ahmariamaria said...

I wish I was attending the tea party! Now I know what the MAD hatter feels like!

Evelyn's Wonderland said...

What a beautiful tea party you have created and such beautiful artwork and such delicious treats!

Thank you so much for stopping by my Hauntingly Mad Tea Party.

Have a wonderful weekend!

gail said...

Wow! Your art is amazing! I love your party table. The watermelon looks soooo good. :) I enjoyed my visit. Great Post!
Happy creating , Gail

Thanks for stopping by my party too.

Scrap Vamp said...

A wonderful and beautiful tea party! The artwork is gorgeous!

apinkdreamer said...

wonderful party and art!!!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Such a GORGEOUS and wonderful party - filled with DELIGHTFUL artwork!!! Thank you for inviting me. I was ENCHANTED. I thank you for visiting with me, and I would love to be considered for your dor-prize! Theresa (aka The White Queen)

Unknown said...

oh what a wonderful tea Party!!! thank you for the invitation....everything looks fantastic!!!!

Waterrose said...

Lovely tea party and thanks for sharing with me!

Sarah said...

What a delightful post full of fanciful art and a charming tea party. Thank you for having me! And thank you for joining my party for cup of tea. Glad you stopped by.
I'm off to visit more parties!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

What a wonderful party. Love your artwork!

Rhonda Roo said...

Holy moly-did you do all of that artwork in prep for this tea party?

I would still be trying to get Alice's face just right! Great job, andi love your intepretation with the music behind it, lovely indeed!

WATERMELON!! Now you're talking, southern girls LOVE their watermelon!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a delightful tea full of beautiful things! Your artwork is stunning!

Happy Tea Partying...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sylvia Smiser said...

What a wonderful adventure you have taken us on. I love all your art photos and the fruit salad and blue cookies were delicious!
PLease put my name in the hat for the giveaway was a very generous hatter indeed!
Please come by for a spot of tea whenever you have a moment at anaboocreationsbysylvia.blogspot.com
We would love to have you,
Sylvia

Ann - Making Family Memories with Childrens Tea Sets said...

What wonderful pictures! They graced your Mad Tea Party with such skill! My grand children would certainly enjoy seeing them! And I love your tea sets - especially the flowered one. All in all a delicious and delightful big and little girls Tea Party. Thank you :)

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Oh, I'm so happy you sent me a note to invite me to your tea party. Well done, it was a wonderful post with delightful illustrations.

Thank you for your hospitality and generosity!!
Laurie

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Beautiful artwork !Such a lovely tea& the food looks so delicious ! I love your Lady Head Vase !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Yarrow said...

How wonderful! Such beautiful pictures and then a scrumptious feast. I love all of your pendants and artwork. Thank you for sharing these delights :)

Carousel Dreams said...

Ooh, so sorry I'm late...thankyou for having me, everything is so delicious! And your artwork is just lovely x

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I'm sorry I'm late! My MIL's memorial was on the date of the party, so I'm now just getting my wits together to visit all the festivities!

Thank you for a hosting a beautiful party! Everything is so magical!


~ Michelle
http://faeriedustdreams-michelle.blogspot.com/

Marit said...

I'm late, I'm really late but there were sooooo many tea parties to visit, I couldn't manage in one weekend! But I'm here, and I enjoyed your party!!! Your art is really gorgeous!! I love the painting of Alice and the mushroom!!! Thanks for having me over!

Linda said...

Oh, what a lovely tea party. The tea was amazing and so were the sweets. I had a great time trying to choose which goodie I was to try next. Your art work is wondeful. You're truely very talented. I was here before and felt that I needed to see you again. Thank you for visiting me.

Marina Capano said...

What a nice mad tea party post!

LOvely pictures, I love it!

xoxo

NeereAnDear said...

What an enchanting party!!

And all the yummies... I could have eaten every one... but then I wouldnt fit down the hole to join you!!

I absolutely adore your illustrations...

Thank you for visiting my party and thank you for having me ... so lovely

JO

Kim Switzer said...

Beautiful party! Thank you for stopping by mine and inviting me over. I love the mix of paintings and photographs, too!

Painting Apples said...

What a lovely party! You are so very talented! Your creations are sooooo divine! Thank you so much for having me!

xoxo
Gigi

Loretta said...

What a VERY lovely tea indeed! I wish I could really come and share it. Please come and visit my party, if you haven't already. I'm so confused with all the names, but isn't this such fun? Charles Dodgson would approve, I'm sure, if he could be here too!
Your artwork is so very pretty.

Kristal said...

Oh my, what a delightful party! I had a lovely time, but I wish I had gotten here sooner, I would loved to have tasted a pink champagne truffle, they sound delish!

Thanks for inviting me!

~♥~
Kristal

Papillon Bleu said...

I had already stopped at your lovely blog, but as you've invited me again. I couldn't say no. I never say no to a tea party!
;-)

Weathered & Worn said...

Fantastic Party! Love your art work, thank you so much for having us for tea!

Isabel said...

Love your art!! Thanx for sharing:O) Isabel

Shari Replogle said...

What wonderful artwork! Your table was set very lovely and looked delicious as well. Thank you for visiting my tea party as well.
~Shari

harem6 said...

Wow! We had such an awesome time here! Had lots of cookies, couldn't have tea because we ate so much!Your works are amazing!Loved the story!

Carolee said...

What a lovely party! Just dropping by to let you know you won my giveaway! Shoot me an email with your address (carolee@kingofmice.com) and I'll get it mailed right away. :)

Thanks!
~ Carolee

aliceinparis said...

I'm very late to the party, the guests have all gone, but I wanted to say what a terrific post! Well done:) Fun and imaginative. Lots of work went into this!