Friday, April 16, 2010

The Healing - Completed Acrylic Painting

She's complete!


In the aftermath of a great sorrow, she is allowing her heart to finally heal. Two small goldcrests meticulously stitch up her broken heart, making sure the strings are pulled tight. She wears the colors of half-mourning and her hair is loose and free as she emerges from her pain.
I've decided to offer this piece up for sale in my Etsy shop! I'm also planning to offer her up as affordable high quality fine art giclee prints. Please contact me at hoydendesigns@gmail.com if you're interested.
Thank you so very much for following along my process as I painted this piece; I am so very proud of it. I'm hoping to start up a new piece soon, and that you'll follow along on another work in progress of mine!

3 comments:

Teddy Started It said...

Oh she turned out quite nicely! Now that her heart's stitched up I hope she can find a little joy. She still looks very sad.

I love the concept of the birds mending her heart. It's very hopeful...like it's OK if you can't quite do it all yourself - something beautiful will come along and give you a little help when you need it.

Thanks for sharing your process.

cabin + cub said...

lovely! i love the birds stringing her heart! ;)

Ahmariamaria said...

my hubby mark loves this one!! he said he likes her eyes!! and he mentioned he's never seen you paint them like that before . I love it!